During the “Cycling World Cup and the Masters World Cycling Championships”, a special event featuring vintage race bikes will be held.
On 25.08.2019 vintage steel road bikes will start out from St. Johann in Tirol. The route will show off some of the loveliest panoramic views in the region around St. Johann, with views to the Wilder Kaiser and the legendary Kitzbüheler Horn
PARTICIPANTS GET TO CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING ROUTE OPTIONS:
• Route A: 45 km enjoyable „Pillerseetal-Runde“
• Route B: 80 km sophisticated „Loferer Steinberge-Runde“
There will be several culinary stop-offs on the route to quench participants’ thirst and stem any hunger pangs. Each registered starter will receive a start package containing a variety of items. In addition, the frst 100 participants to register will receive a limited-edition printed retro shirt
• Register by 18.08.2019 €38,-
• Register by 24.08.2019 €45,-
(until 1 hour before the exit Registration possible!!)
Harald Baumann, Postfach 60, A-6380 St. Johann in Tirol
ROAD BIKE CRITERIA:
• Only lugged, steel road bikes built before 1987/88 are permissible – the sole exception are the lugged, steel Vitus frames.
• Frames built after 1987/88 (replicas) will be accepted if equipment meets regulations.
• Only pedals with toe-clips and straps are permitted (no clipless pedals)
• Road bike handlebars with external cables (inner cables can only be routed via the top tube).
• Handlebar attachments, e.g. aero bars or Spinaci bars are not permitted
• Downtube shifters (no handlebar-mounted shifters).
•Steel or light alloy wheels, max. 2 cm depth and at least 32 spokes (no carbon or aero wheels).
• Road bike tyres (700 x 18 – 23C)
• Steel or alloy cranks (no carbon components).
• No carbon components in general!
• Aluminium components permitted.
• Jerseys in keeping with the era are compulsory.
• Cycling shorts and shoes in keeping with the era would be appreciated.
• Helmets compulsory for all rides!!!
Every participant races at his own risk, crash helmets compulsory,
follow the instructions of the officials, the road is not closed for the event – keep strictly the traffic regulations!
The above-stated regulations apply to the timed race and also the
special ride, no exceptions!